There are three reasons why the strategically hungry come to Brooklyn’s Big Spaceship: to break free from thinking-by-department, to get closer to making, and to work with clients striving to recalibrate their businesses.
We believe how you do makes what you do. That’s why we sit in teams, not departments. That’s why we have values, not rules. That’s why we discuss our personal aspirations for projects before they start. If we can get it right on the inside – for our clients and our own company - then we believe our focus on solving business problems by solving human problems will thrive.
What we need in you
We’re currently looking for a curious, down-to-earth, jargon-free data strategist with over 5 years experience.
Here’s what we need in you:
- You grew up digital – This isn’t about spending every waking hour on Twitter. It’s about showing that you’ve played with a lot of the digital world, that you’ve experimented and learned – sometimes for work, sometimes for the sake of it.
- You grasp the fundamental concepts of the industry – You know how an insight differs from an observation, how a strategy differs from principles and tactics, and how ideas differ from executions. And you can show work that consistently and surprisingly delivers to these concepts.
- You can work with fellow digital grown-ups – We’re an eclectic mix of designers, technologists, strategists and producers. We aren’t loud and we’re always trying to achieve something new and powerful together.
The skills we’ll need to you have
- Analytics powered strategy – You’ll be able to show examples of how you’ve wrestled science and intuition to understand business problems, to find provocative insights, and to create strategies that have ideas.
- Ideas – You’ll have them and help the team have them.
- Digital marketing – You’ll be able to turn digital and social data thinking into ideas.
- Social media and content – You’ll understand what’s happening online and why, you’ll be able see great content in the analysis and on face value.
- Communications and experience planning – You’ll know how to orchestrate an idea so that it doesn’t just launch and… then nothing. And you’ll be able to develop people-centric experience plans (or customer journeys).
- Take the lead in working closely with internal teams and clients to assess, design and deliver the right data strategy to help make numbers a continuous source of utility in their lives
- Deliver analysis of digital/social campaigns, content performance & social ROI/conversation in a set cadence (monthly & quarterly updates), and/or through ad hoc requests
- Help define digital measurement plans, campaign goals and KPI’s for the team to execute
- Work closely with strategists to unearth solid audience insights and continually refine process of how analytics fuels strategy, creative ideas and tactical plans
- Collaborate closely with data scientists in developing innovative research methodologies, influencer ID and new ways of measuring and tracking the impact of content and social on the client/brand/business
- Educate internal teams & clients on using data effectively by guiding them to ask the right questions
- Build a strong relationship with the client and lead direct communication for all analytics and measurement needs on a daily basis
- Should be comfortable working independently in cross-functional teams in high pressure situations
- Represent Big Spaceship and lead interagency meetings on all things data and analytics
- Be proactive and innovative with solutions to meet client goals and client education
- Demonstrate a strong focus on client satisfaction and delivery
- Take pride in contributing to create a focused, highly impactful data and analytics department. The aim is to be world class
- Mentor and guide junior analysts- teach, delegate and empower to help them succeed
- Lead new business pitches from a data strategy and analytics perspective
- Innovate your craft: Grow the discipline’s capabilities with strategic and creative use of data and have a strong POV on how/what to do and best practices
- Commit to sharing work and expertise across the team to help maintain our culture of continuous knowledge sharing and learning from one another
- Identify and assess good third party analytics and data vendors based on opportunities or client needs and maintain ongoing vendor relations
- 4-6 years agency experience in social/digital analytics, data strategy, marketing analytics, paid social ad platforms.
- Solid experience and in depth knowledge in:
- Power users of social listening tools like Crimson Hexagon and Sysomos etc.
- Social content analytics (earned, owned and paid)- Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics, Iconosquare, Social Bakers etc.
- Experience with Influencer identification and Influencer Strategy
- Campaign Analytics and Paid Media like DoubleClick
- Audience research tools like MRI and Audience segmentation
- Website Analytics is a plus
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel (sorting data, pivot tables, advanced functions, charting)
- Advanced Statistical aptitude
- Personable and works well with cross functional and multidisciplinary teams – junior to senior, creative to media, design to strategy, etc.
- Eagerness to work in a collaborative, startup team environment that will be rapidly changing.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate complex information in simple digestible formats
- Experience in data science or working closely with data scientists
Bonus points if you can rock any of these
- Big bonus if you have experience using SQL to join, extract and manipulate data from large data sets. Experience with Python, R, SAS, Tableau or other data manipulation tools a plus.
- Writing – You’ll need to write stuff for Big Spaceship
- Talking and teaching – We want you educating others and building a profile
- Visa and US citizenship is good – but we’re open to hearing from people overseas
- Recommendations on your LinkedIn profile